Friday, September 16, 2011

What we've been up to ...

We're so thankful for summer and the fun that it brings. After uploading pictures I realized I've spent far too little time snapping pictures, so it's my fall resolution to take more.

Labor day weekend we went to the lake with couples from our Bible study. The kids enjoyed the constant companionship of their buddies, the water and watching mommy and daddy ski behind the boat.
Desi is the third blond on the right. Enjoying the boat ride.
Mason braving the bow of the boat.


Our latest adventure was a trek up to North to Lutsen, MN. Matt and his running buddy ran a 50 mile trail race on Sawtooth Mountain. It was remote and rugged. My friend and I "crewed" for our husbands. This involved meeting them at the aid stations with their bags full of running gear and food. We had fun submersing ourselves in the sub-culture of trail-running. The people kind of remind you of those you meet in Colorado - not fussy, or frilly, fit and down-to-earth. We met some great people and enjoyed the backwoods of Minnesota.
I only took a picture of the hiking trail sign, but here it is.
The day after the race we went further up north to Grand Marais and it was splendid.


Mason also started his first day of preschool. Here he is holding Matt's preschool bag.
And here's just a sweet picture of the kids during their daily "picnic" (snack time) before naps.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: